For St. Johns Insurance Policyholders
Welcome to Slide!
We are honored to be your new insurer and look forward to introducing you to the Slide experience over the coming months!
Slide brings together insurance and technology to better serve modern homeowners. The company is headquartered in Tampa and rated A, Exceptional, by Demotech. Slide was founded by Bruce Lucas, the founder of Heritage Insurance where he maintained profitability and stability throughout his 9-year tenure. The Slide leadership team is comprised of top talent from the most reputable companies in both insurance and technology. Later this year, you will begin to see enhancements to the processes and systems. You can learn more about the Slide vision and team here.
Your new Slide insurance policy replaces the remaining term of your current St. Johns Insurance policy. No action on your part is required. Our goal is to make this transition as seamless as possible for you.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Same Premium. The premium associated with your St. Johns policy will transfer to Slide. All remaining payments on or after March 1, 2022 should be made to Slide.
- Welcome Packet. A packet with a Slide welcome letter, St. Johns cancellation, and a new declaration page for your replacement Slide policy will arrive via mail.
- Same Coverage. Your Slide replacement policy will provide the same coverage at the same premium as your St. Johns policy. It will also have the same terms and conditions, including anniversary date.
- Same Agent. Your current St. Johns Agent has been extended an appointment with Slide and will continue to be your point of contact for coverage questions and servicing needs.
- Renewals. When your replacement policy expires, if you are eligible for a renewal, you will receive a renewal offer for a twelve-month Slide policy. The renewal policy may have different terms of coverage and different premiums than the expiring replacement policy. Please read the policy carefully and consult with your agent.
- Stability. Slide has a Financial Stability Rating of “A” (exceptional) from Demotech, a leading actuarial and financial analysis firm.
See below for detailed answers to your questions.
Let's answer your questions.
Is there any lapse in coverage moving from St. Johns to Slide?
No. Slide coverage will begin immediately after your cancellation of your St. Johns policy and it will continue to provide coverage through the expiration of your current policy term on the same terms, conditions and rates.
What action do I need to take?
No action is required by you to maintain coverage other than to continue to pay your premium timely.
I already paid my premium, do I need to take any action?
No. If you have already paid your premium no action is required. Your unearned premium will transfer to Slide and your coverage will continue through the expiration of your St. Johns policy term.
South Carolina policyholders should note that they may be subject to paying unearned premium of up to $100.
Do I need to notify my mortgage company?
No. Slide will notify your mortgage company and provide all required information. If your mortgage company pays your insurance premium, Slide will send your invoice to your mortgage company for payment.
I have not paid all of my premium, how do I make the remaining payments?
If you have not paid all of your St. Johns premium, you must make the remaining payments in order to keep your insurance coverage. If your mortgage company pays your premium, Slide will send the required invoice to your mortgage company. If you pay your premium directly, Slide will send you an invoice in accordance with your current St. Johns policy. Payment instructions will be listed in your invoice.
How to Make a Payment
(On and after March 1, 2022)
Mail your payment (check or money order) to:
SlidePO Box 1779Columbia, SC 29202-1779
Slide1516 Washington StreetColumbia, SC 29201
I have an open claim with St. Johns, do I need to take any action?
No, your claim will be administered by the Receiver.
The Florida Insurance Guaranty Association (“FIGA”) and the South Carolina Property and Casualty Insurance Guaranty Association (“SCPCIGA”) were activated to help pay outstanding claims for St. Johns’ policies. The Receiver is currently gathering claim files and claim data to forward the information to FIGA and SCPCIGA. As a result, there may be a slight delay in claim processing during this transitional period.
Contact the guaranty association for the policy state involved.
Should I contact Slide about my open claim with St. Johns?
No, Slide is only responsible for claims with a date of loss on or after March 1, 2022 and has no information related to your claim with St. Johns.
Should I resubmit my St. Johns claim and file it with Slide?
No, if you previously filed a claim with St. Johns you should not file it with Slide as it will result in a claim denial by Slide because your loss predates March 1, 2022.
Claims Contact Info for Losses
(On and after March 1, 2022)